Bewnans Kernow Protecting and promoting Cornish Culture, heritage and identity
Bewnans Kernow exists to protect and promote:
- Cornish culture
- Cornish heritage
- Cornish identity
Bewnans Kernow’s charitable objects are:
- To advance education, development, preservation, research and recording of all aspects of indigenous Cornish history, arts, heritage, culture.
- To promote equality and diversity for the public benefit with particular focus on matters affecting the people of Cornwall.
Check out the latest events and the wide range of earlier Penzance, Penwith and Cornish related illustrated talks and activities at Cornish Heritage in Penzance.
Click on the poster to the right.
Bewnans Kernow activities include:
- Cornish culture and heritage projects
- Community heritage and well-being programmes for people from traditional Cornish backgrounds
- Cornish history and culture courses
- Consultative events on matters around Cornish heritage and identity
- Training and networking for Cornish cultural organisations
- Developing Cornish culture by influencing/working with decision makers
- Promoting the implementation of the Framework Convention for the Protection of National Minorities with regard to the Cornish people.
- Having a representative role on a number of committees
Bewnans Kernow was formed in 2008 and registered as a Charitable Incorporated Organisation in 2017 (charity registration no. 1170991)