Bewnans Kernow exists to protect and promote:
- Cornish culture
- Cornish heritage
- Cornish identity
Bewnans Kernow’s charitable objects are:
- To advance education, development, preservation, research and recording of all aspects of indigenous Cornish history, arts, heritage, culture.
- To promote equality and diversity for the public benefit with particular focus on matters affecting the people of Cornwall.
Bewnans Kernow activities include:
- Cornish culture and heritage projects
- Community heritage and well-being programmes for people from traditional Cornish backgrounds
- Cornish history and culture courses
- Consultative events on matters around Cornish heritage and identity
- Training and networking for Cornish cultural organisations
- Developing Cornish culture by influencing/working with decision makers
- Promoting the implementation of the Framework Convention for the Protection of National Minorities with regard to the Cornish people.
- Having a representative role on a number of committees
Bewnans Kernow was formed in 2008 and registered as a Charitable Incorporated Organisation in 2017 (charity registration no. 1170991)